May 16, 2006

Raison d'être

I fancy myself a person of many interests. I like to be crafty and creative. I have become quite an adept cross-stitcher even adapting and creating my own finished objects (well, okay, not exactly all finished. I do have an whole craft cabinet filled with unfinished cross-stitch projects. My intentions are very good. You may see a couple of those on here from time to time). I like to read as well. In fact I have a book blog (On My Bookshelf). On the flip side, I also enjoy technology. I'm somewhat of a gadget girl, even more than my husband is a gadget guy. I guess I am a true product of my parents (a design engineer and a book worm/crafty type). I like playing around with website design, blogs, photos, etc.

Jeez, see I'm already rambling on. The reason for this blog. I learned to knit a couple years ago. But not very seriously. Last summer, I started knitting easy baby blankets for our friends who were expecting and scarves as other gifts. Starting this spring, I grew tired of all things rectangular. So I threw in a pair of booties with a blanket. And made pillows for each of my girls (I guess those are still technically rectangles). I am currently working on my first baby sweater (definitely not rectangular!).

I have a friend who I shall call The Knitting Goddess. She has helped me tremendously in my quest to improve my knitting skills. And I shared some pictures of my knitting with her. She suggested that I should think about starting a knitting blog. I thought to myself, *another* blog! I also have a blog for our family and friends of things our daughters do. But as I thought about it, and enjoyed reading other knitting blogs, I thought why not?

So here we are.

No comments: