May 29, 2006

Past projects

Here are a few photos from things I've finished up in the recent past. I made a modified version of the Big Bad Baby Blanket from the Stitch n Bitch book. I cast on less stitches, used smaller needles, and double-strand yarn. I really liked the way it came out. I also gave the same couple this set of baby booties. The free pattern is here. I made pillows for each of my girls. My older daughter got this version. She LOVES (aka OBSESSED) with all things Nemo/fishy. So I made her an "ocean" pillow with bright Nemo orange on one side and ocean blues/greens on the other. She ended up loving it! I started out with the "funky cushion" pattern from The Cool Girl's Guide to Knitting and sort of modified it. I was originally planning on just stuffing the pillow myself, so I was making it 13" square. Then I remembered, you could buy pillow forms at Michael's. Of course those are only 12" square so the knitted squares didn't quite come together as nicely as I'd have liked, but I fixed that for my other daughter's pillow. I made that one in deep purple and light pink (she's much more of a girly girl). I used Bernat Boa in peacock and Lion Boucle in an orange (not sure the exact color) yarn for the ocean pillow and Patons Twister in Grape Nuts (I sort of chuckle at that name) and Baby Clouds in Pink Lemonade for the other.

1 comment:

allisonmariecat said...

I'm glad you put up past project photos! I still can't get over how awesome your Big Bad Baby Blanket looks. And I love the pillows and booties.