July 06, 2006

So soft!

I decided to get the Cotton Angora from an eBay seller. And it was terrific, not only did I get a great price, she mailed it on Saturday and I had my yarn on Monday! I chose the burgundy color and I'm really pleased with it. It's actually almost a mauve color. And I loved the way it felt when I swatched it up. I am having to use size 9 needles to obtain gauge though. This is unusual since I usually have to use two needle sizes smaller with my loose knitting. We'll see how it turns out! I'm hoping to cast on this weekend. I'll post a picture of my yarn as soon as I can get the camera back from my husband.

I think I'll be making the second smallest size. But I may add some length to the sleeves and waist as I like things a bit longer. And I may try to do something different with the neckline. I'm not sure I want it to be as open as the pattern. Here I go with my modifications again. :-)

Now, I'm off to do some painting in the kitchen. Definitely not how I like to spend the girls' naptime. *Dreaming of sitting in a comfy chair, relaxing with an iced mocha and my knitting*

1 comment:

allisonmariecat said...

Aren't good ebay experiences just the best? So glad you got the yarn already. I hope you like it. I'm finishing up a baby sweater, then I think I'll start this one. Fun, fun!