July 25, 2006

The Pear-Shaped Sweater

I know the pattern is called the Hour-Glass Sweater, but I was not graced with an hour-glass shape, so mine will be a pear-shaped sweater to accommodate my misproportioned body. The Knitting Goddess came to the rescue once again and helped me with the knitting math. I started with a size larger and am decreasing to the next smaller size by the time I get to the top. And for my next trick, I will pull a rabbit out of my hat....

Here are a couple pictures for you. The color of the yarn looks more red in the pictures than it does to me in person. But I guess that's why it's called burgundy and not some other color. And I've decided now that I'm a little further along, the fabric doesn't seem too loose to me. Good thing, I'm not sure I really wanted to frog it all the way back to nothing and start over.



In other news, I think we may have found a house in MN. Cross your fingers with me that our offer is accepted. It's the most perfect house, my dream house and I have my hopes up way too high for this one. I'm afraid I'll jinx the whole process because I want this house so badly. It has a perfectly sized yard for the girls to run around in, a four-season porch that would be their playroom, bedrooms for each of them (I won't even tell you that we have Little L sleeping in the bathroom right now. Oops, just did. It's the sink area and she's in the pack n play. Really, don't call child services on me. It's much better than her sleeping in the same room as Big E. Trust me, they were waking each other up all the time. This way, everyone gets a good night's sleep). But the best thing about the new house by far, is that it has an extra room in it. This would be MY room! A library/craft room all to myself! I can go and hide in there and knit or read to my heart's content! I am just so thrilled by this idea! And I'm planning on buying the most perfect chair for in there. Something along the lines of this with a matching ottoman. Oh yeah! I'm drooling just thinking about it!

1 comment:

allisonmariecat said...

I hope my math works out okay :)

I think the fabric looks great! I like the color, too.

Good house thoughts coming your way! I have my fingers crossed for you, too. Cracking up over Little L sleeping in the bathroom...though since I've seen that bathroom, I know it's not as bad as it sounds! I'm excited about your library/craft room, too.