June 27, 2006

New Sweater and New Stash!

We were gone the last week or so to visit the in-laws. Actually, quite a nice trip. The girls were spoiled beyond belief and my husband and I got some time to ourselves which is always nice. AND, I also had time to knit! I finished up the new sweater for Little L and it is TOO big so it should fit perfect for the fall. I also added a collar to it and I think it turned out quite nice. I'm not sure where my gumption comes from to modify patterns since I'm still bascially a beginner. But at least I have the guts to try, right? Really, my motivation was that having the collar would make the head opening bigger. I tend to overcompensate when I try to fix things. :-) So now, Little L's large noggin should be right at home in her new sweater! And since we'll be moving to Minnesota this fall, she'll actually have occasion to wear it! The blue yarn in the picture is the color that I'm planning to use to make Big E a matching sweater.





And I saw the Knitting Goddess' husband this past weekend. He handed off a bag of stash yarn for me from her! Yeah, now I can swatch and play and see what kind of yarn I might like to knit with. There's some Debbie Bliss, some fun angora yarn, all different textures and varieties. Thanks Allison!



And the girls are BOTH napping at the SAME time! So I'm off to knit....

2 comments:

allisonmariecat said...

Tee hee! Have a good time with all that :) You can probably get a small felted bag out of the Noro!

allisonmariecat said...

I forgot to say--I love the sweater. The collar looks like it was designed that way. In fact, I had to go look in my book to see what it's supposed to look like :)

And more laughing about the L-girl's big head.