June 09, 2006

Hate when "things" get in the way of knitting time....

And by "things" I mean D1 and D2 of course. I've been too busy being a mommy this week to really do anything too exciting with the knitting. I am about 2/3 of the way done with D2's new and improved Placket sweater. I actually do have a progress photo to post, but am too tired from child wrangling to upload it from the camera at the moment.

As much as I have not really been knitting, I have been thinking about knitting. I added a few new blogs to the sidebar. And I may add a few more in the future. I found a great little ring called Knitting Parents of Young Children. Sounded like something I could relate to.

Last weekend I was able to sneak away from the fam for a little while to run errands (like grocery shopping, oh what fun!) and I snuck in a trip to Barnes and Noble for a nice frappaccino and some time to look at knitting books (instead of just books in the kids section!). I ended up buying Baby Knits for Beginners by Debbie Bliss and Simple Knits for Cherished Babies by Erika Knight. Both of which look quite fun and have adorable baby patterns in them!

I do have a sweater planned for D1 since I wouldn't want her to feel left out (yeah right). But I may not do that right away. I have other babies to knit for. And maybe since Allison is so generously thinking of letting me try out some of her yarn stash. I'll figure out a type of yarn I might want to use to make the hourglass sweater for ME!

No comments: